photo courtesy of Scissors & Spatulas go check her out she has lots more great ideas!
Ground Turkey white Chili
I made this for my family and they all loved it!
I changed her recipe a little
- 1 onion,
- chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 (4 ounce) cans canned green chile peppers,
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ground white pepper to taste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 can drained corn
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic and ground turkey and saute for 10 minutes, or until turkey is well browned. Add the chile peppers, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, and white pepper to taste and saute for 5 more minutes.
Add two cans of the beans leaving 1 can to blend later and the chicken broth to the pot. Take the third can of beans and puree them in a blender or food processor. Add this to the pot. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add half a bunch of chopped cilantro at the end fot just a few minutes
- garnish with Fat free sour cream and a squeeze of lime!
hope your family loves it as much as mine did!