Friday, March 11, 2011

Pillow tAlk........tututorial

Add caption

So This past weekend I made a few new Pillows and finished some others.

N.E.W  Flower





This is how it started.  I have a few pillow forms.  I just measured from side to side.  Then you add 1/4" for seam allowance on each side=1/2" on top and bottom.


cut out your piece of fabric.  I use a roto-cutter.

It makes it much easier for a staight cut.

Okay the reason I cut out this center is because the

red/orange fabric is 15$ a yard (on sale) and the other

was only 3$ a yard.  I wanted to get more for my money.


This is a piping.  I wanted something funky for the edges. 

 I love animal print. 

 Always have.....

 this step you can find in my tuturial for my chairs here


I will say you need to snip 3 small cuts in the fabric for the edge

 to go around the corner nicely. 

I always have to sew these twice to make sure i get all the edge in.

The back is just the amount of the pillow plus 1/2 so if it were 18. It would be 18+9=27" Then I cut it in half but i cut one about a 1 and a half wider.  This pillow doesnt need any velcro to stay shut.





The pillow on the far right is from Walmart. 

I needed to add a little something to it, so it looked like it belongs. :)




Notice the edge is plain.....




The edge now has the same green print from my chairs.


 First i used a seam ripper ONE of my most used and favorite tools. To take the pillow apart.  I removed the stuffing and layed out the top piece



Then I added the piping around the top.

When i connected the piping I folded one edge over and tucked them into one another and sewed it shut.

Next I pinned the two together facing eachother leaving a space for IT to turn inside out.


Re- stuffed it.  ANd sewed the opening closed!  D.O.N.E.






THIS is a PIllow i will talk about Next week...

  thanks for looking!

xoxo heidi


9 comments:

  1. You are very talented. Keep up the good work. Love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From someone who doesn't sew a stitch, great job on the pillows! It looks so easy to add small touches for big impact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Heidi-

    Thanks for leaving me the nice comment. I love your NEW Flower pillow - perfect for Spring. I love your pocket watch necklaces, too. Very pretty and unique.

    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes my dear you do love some animal print! I'll just say swim shorts and st. George... Love you and love those pillows!! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pillows! I'm featuring you on Flaunt it Friday, stop by and grab an I was featured button if you'd like. Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT pillows! I love the colors and pattern. I need to be more bold about picking patterned fabrics and be more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pillows you made are lovely! You did a awesome job! Very, very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pillows! I love them. I just found your blog and I absolutely LOVE your style :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my Readers!! THank you for taking the time to comment:) I hope you are having a Wonderful day!

My Etsy SHOPPE

WELCOME!! Be sure to add yourself to my "followers" so you can hear about new products, prize drawings and giveaways! I am selling online at http://www.chickhardware.etsy.com Also you will see me at boutique fairs and I do Home Parties as well. Find out where i will be next by checking back often. . HOst a party and Earn FREE Jewelry!!!!