Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring Cleaning on the brain?


Well If you have been feeling the need to clean. 
 Maybe these will InSpiRe??

what you need:
1 pair of industrial gloves (dollar store)
some fabric
sewing thread etc...  
machine




I made up the pattern as I went. I think I measured the width of the gloves and just doubled it so I could have a ruffle. I also measured the height and folded it in half anywhere around 5 inches. Then I ironed.

I found a Tututorial here.  She did a cute pair.  Mine are a little different.

 I pinned it on in no exact way. (tried my best to get it even.)  I couldn't get the fabric to gather with a stitch because the fabric was too heavy.  Then I sewed it onto the gloves.

I gave these away at my Bunco last month. 
With some of my favorite cleaning supplies. 
Hope Emily liked them!

Now if I can find the time to make some for myself?
It only took me an hour or so...

I have been feeling a sense of urgency to organize my things, my kids things, my craft things, my paint things. etc.  But with organizing I know it will end up with me cleaning out things too.  Who wouldn't love to look girly and feminine while cleaning the toilet bowl?

:)

Happy SPring!

xoxo, heidi

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Super cute and useful...just my style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Those are AWESOME!!! I've GOT to make some, and see my husband's face when he sees me cleaning...who knew cleaning could be SO DARN CUTE!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Thanks for letting me know about your post! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! I didn't even realize you had made them, I like them even more now.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my Readers!! THank you for taking the time to comment:) I hope you are having a Wonderful day!

My Etsy SHOPPE

WELCOME!! Be sure to add yourself to my "followers" so you can hear about new products, prize drawings and giveaways! I am selling online at http://www.chickhardware.etsy.com Also you will see me at boutique fairs and I do Home Parties as well. Find out where i will be next by checking back often. . HOst a party and Earn FREE Jewelry!!!!